Taunt Recruit Druid deck list & strategy
Based on all of the card reveals we’ve seen this looks like a pretty solid starting point for the Recruit Druid archetype – it was put together by the Vicious Syndicate team. It’ll undergo a lot of refinement in the next few weeks, but rest assured we’ll update it – and the rest of the guide – as we get to grips with it ourselves.
|2 x Wild Growth||2 x Tar Creeper|
|2 x Wrath||2 x Stegodon|
|2 x Greedy Sprite||1 x The Lich King|
|2 x Jade Blossom||1 x Master Oakheart|
|2 x Astral Tiger||1 x N’Zoth, the Corruptor|
|2 x Ironwood Golem|
|2 x Swipe|
|2 x Nourish|
|1 x Malfurion the Pestilent|
|2 x Grizzled Guardian|
|1 x Hadronox|
|1 x Kun the Forgotten King|
|2 x Ultimate Infestation|
This is a deck it’s constructed around the concept of giving your opponent an infinite succession of stubborn troubles to address, after which after they’ve handled those troubles, throw all that stuff lower back onto the board.
The trick is to start ramping up your Mana curve via Wild Growth, Jade Blossom and Greedy Sprite as speedy as feasible, so you can begin fielding problems that your opponent ought to battle to triumph over at their very own cutting-edge strength level. Cards like Astral Tiger and Ironwood Golem should all reason the alternative participant a big quantity of headaches as they’re delivered into play.
Once you attain the quit-recreation you have got a huge variety of threats to throw at the opponent. Master Oakheart summons a seriously incredible collection of creatures (targeted in the blend segment at the bottom of this page), at the same time as Hadronox brings all your Taunt minions lower back to lifestyles. Been wiped out again? Never fear, as N’Zoth, the Corruptor is right here to flood the board all yet again.
That’s the huge method evaluation for gambling Recruit Druid, then, however this manual will be updated continuously with healthy-up hints as the Kobolds meta receives underway!
Taunt Recruit Druid Mulligan guide
We’ll be updating the Mulligan phase of our Recruit Druid manual substantially as soon as the expansion is stay and we’ve road-examined it without delay in the meta. With that stated, there’s some evergreen recommendation we are able to provide, even for the earliest days.
The earlier you may ramp up, the faster you’re going to get at your larger playing cards, and so Wild Growth, Jade Blossom and Greedy Sprite are all hugely important for the early sport. The cost of these card drop significantly the longer any given in shape performs out.
Wrath will nearly clearly show useful for controlling the early-sport, and maybe even bagging your self a further card at the equal time. Tar Creeper has obvious defensive advantages inside the early-game as well.
We’ll have greater specific Mulligan recommendation for you because the meta receives started.
Taunt Recruit Druid recommendations mixtures and synergies
Although this deck owes a lot to the Taunt Druid of vintage, there may be a lot that is new approximately this potentially powerful new deck.
We endorse familiarising yourself with all of these important combos before taking this listing to the early ladder. A little bit of training will pay off huge dividends here.
– Wild Growth affords a everlasting Mana advantage as soon as performed, and so you want to forged this off as early as possible in each fit-up. Jade Blossom and Greedy Sprite also are most useful when they are used early on.
– Wrath may be used to either ping a near-death minion off the board and advantage a card inside the process, or hit something meatier for 3 points of damage.
– Astral Tiger is an pretty cussed minion. Your opponent will have to either forget about it, hold sending it back into your deck, or by some means silence that Deathrattle effect earlier than wiping it off the board.
– There’s synergy among Ironwood Golem and the Armor-boosting options provided with the aid of Oaken Summons and Malfurion the Pestilent. Note that we don’t consist of the Druid’s Spellstone on this deck list as there simply aren’t enough ways of triggering this more energy (at this theorycrafting degree, at the least).
– Grizzled Guardian will take hold of two minions out of your deck and placed them into play at no cost in the event that they value 4 Mana or less. Targets on this deck list are: Greedy Sprite (boo), Astral Tiger and Ironwood Golem.
– You are playing a whole lot of Taunt minions in this deck. Hadronox summons all the dead ones back onto the board while you play the card. This is a superb element…
– Watch your hand size when it comes to gambling Ultimate Infestation. It’s clean to burn cards by means of gambling this, so that you need to thin your hand down as lots as feasible before gambling this exceedingly powerful spell. If you track your playing cards, you may at least try to avoid burning your biggest plays!
– Master Oakheart is widely predicted to see a few essential performs inside the Kobolds meta. This creature pulls a one, and three Attack minion from your deck and places them in play. The following cards are objectives in this context: Greedy Sprite, Astral Tiger, Ironwood Golem, Grizzled Guardian, Hadronox, Tar Creeper and Stegodon.
– Not pretty sufficient cost for you? N’Zoth, the Corruptor will re-summon all your useless Deathrattle minions whilst he’s played. Chances are you may run out of board area at this point, so you may not get all of your preferential targets. Still, it is an lousy lot of fee on pinnacle of the entirety else!
– The Lich King has a set of special playing cards, and he’s going to upload one at random at the stop of every of your turns. These are the cards you can draw into:
|2||Death Coil||Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.|
|2||Death Grip||Steal a minion from your opponent’s deck and add it to your hand.|
|2||Obliterate||Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.|
|3||Death and Decay||Deal 3 damage to all enemies.|
|4||Anti-Magic Shell||Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can’t be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”|
|5||Doom Pact||Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.|
|6||Army of the Dead||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.|
|7||Frostmourne||Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.|