If you’re getting the Netflix error code M7111-1101 (error code: m7111-1931-404) with the friendly alert:
“Whoops something went wrong… Unexpected error. Please reload the page & try again.“,
according to the streaming service, it refers to a network connectivity issue which is blocking your personal computer from accessing the Netflix service.
Netflix support offers some generic fixes, 1- 3 below.
- Head over to netflix.com/clearcookies to remove the Netflix cookie and you’ll be signedout.
- Then navigate to the Sign In page & re-enter your Netflix login credentials.
- Check if the error is cleared.
2. Solution (Try Updating Google Chrome)
- Navigate to the Menu icon in the the upper right corner of your web browser.
- Choose Help.
- Choose About Google Chrome.
- Chrome will show the present version & will automatically install any available Chrome updates.
- Then choose relaunch to finish the update.
- Try Netflix again to see if the error is gone.
(Try Restarting Your Home Network)
- Switch off your device.
- Disconnect your modem & router & then wait for half a minute
- Next, plug in your modem & hold back until no new indicator lights are blinking on.
- Connect your router & hold back until no new indicator lights are blinking on.
- Switch on your device & try Netflix again.
4. Solution (VeeHD)
We did find some people claiming that the VeeHD extension can also generate this error.
If all else fails, contact Netflix customer support. The good thing about paid services is that you can expect quality technical assistance should the service stop working.